Clarke name selected captain for Bangladesh tour

Michael Clarke will guide his precursor Ricky Ponting and a little-changed touring party to Bangladesh for three incomplete over’s matches after being formally named Australia's new captain on Wednesday. Clarke will captain Australia in Tests and ODIs, while Cameron White continues as national Twenty20 captain.
There was no shock at the sight of Clarke suitable up at the SCG for the statement, taking on the responsibility that he has waited uncomplainingly for over a lengthy term as vice-captain. "It is a great honour to be chosen captain of Australia but at the same time a great shock as I wasn't expecting Ricky Ponting to stand down," Clarke said. "I have always appreciated those who have come before me in this role and humble to think of my name being mention alongside theirs."
It did not take long for the matter of Clarke's fame to be raised, given another raft of public polls that long-established he was far from the public's stand-out choice as leader. "I don't know precisely why it's there, but it is and it has most likely been there over the whole of my career," he said. "Optimistically I can earn the admiration of the doubter who is out there. No doubt it's about how I behavior myself on and off the field, I need to continue to be true to myself, and people are allowed to their own opinion but it is important I do everything in the wellbeing of the team, and try to do everything I can to be the best captain I can possibly be.
"I don't sit here and consider I can get the whole of this country to like me, people are always going to have their own views, but for me it's about admiration, it's about earning that respect, leading the team in the right way, playing cricket in the right manner."

0 comments:

Post a Comment