Oram: I feel disengaged with IPL


New Zealand player Jacob Oram says he felt detached with the IPL as the "after-match parties, Bollywood stars and manner parades" seem far detached from actuality.

"Being at this point for six weeks, not playing much, preparation firm but not in fact getting on the ground has been kind of strange. In a way I feel like I haven't in fact got concerned in the event," Oram, who play for Rajasthan Royals as an injury replacement for Paul Collingwood, tell the Dominion Post.

"I haven't watched it on TV and I couldn't tell you the standings, partly because I know our sides out of it. I feel a bit detached from the tournament," he added. Speaking about his knowledge in the league, the impressive 32-year-old said it was strange at times.

"After almost every game there's an after-party, there's Bollywood stars there and way parades; the drinks are free and the cheerleaders are around. It's a dissimilar world.

"Sometimes you speculate if you're here for cricket or not. Ultimately you are. It is good fun, but at the same time I don't think its realism," Oram said. Oram also recall his connections with Rajasthan captain Shane Warne's performer girlfriend Elizabeth Hurley.

"She (Hurley) was here for a week, halfway throughout the event. She's a very nice lady and has an organic farm herself, so with my wife's family being organic farmers there was an exchange starter there.

"She brings her kids across and Shane had his three kids there, and nannies and a bit of safety so there was a massive associates for a while," Oram said. One of the pleasant experiences of the IPL, according to Oram, was sharing the bandage room with Warne and veteran Indian batsman Rahul Dravid.

"He (Warne) is a nice guy, actually simple to talk to. He's about to give up work and that knowledge will last forever. I'm glad I had that opportunity. I played alongside Rahul Dravid; there's some attractive cool things I've knowledgeable," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment