"Feels extraordinary to be back in England"

Duncan Fletcher

India coach Duncan Fletcher told it feels odd to return to England with the blame to plot their downfall.

Fletcher was caoch of England from 1999 to 2007 and was chosen the Indian coach earlier this year.

"It's odd for me. I never consideration I'd be back in this role. When I left England I thought I wouldn't get (back) concerned with cricket. But having worked (as a consultant) with South Africa, New Zealand a bit and Hampshire to some degree - I sort of got the bug again," Fletcher was quoted as saying by Sky Sports.

"It does seem a little bit odd coming over here. But I have enjoyed working with India, who I think had quite a good tour of West Indies. It's going to be a thrilling series. To be concerned with a top side and in a thrilling series is quite a challenge," he said.

During his term as the England coach, Fletcher had worked with some of the members of the current crop, particularly captain Andrew Strauss, Kevin Pietersen and pace spearhead James Anderson.

"The team has distorted quite a lot. There is a pair of senior players that I know something about but the rest of the team has changed. We'll have to look at the tapes, look at the technique that certain players have got, we'll have to assess that over the next couple of days," he said.

Asked if he thought England is a better side now, Fletcher said: "It's difficult to assess what is a better side - or (what is) the best side in the world. If you want to look at the statistics, then you'd have to say India is (the best side in the world). England has absolutely improved under Straussy and Andy Flower. They have done a really good job receiving that side back on track."

0 comments:

Post a Comment