'Pie-chucker' Yuvraj prepared to face England

Yuvaraj

India's Yuvraj Singh said on Wednesday he is keen to renovate his competition with Kevin Pietersen on the imminent tour of England after being called a "pie-chucker" by the England batsman a few years ago.

"I know that guy well and I am actually keen to throw some more pies at him and others around him," Yuvraj told.

"And if my pies can add and get Pietersen's and some other precious wickets, I would be really pleased."

"Test cricket is one area I would like to get better and do well. I want to be a enduring member of the Test side and I know that won't be easy," said Yuvraj, who has so far played 274 one-dayers but only 34 Tests.

"I will do whatever I can do to make stronger my Test records. The England tour will be one of the largest challenges in my career but in every challenge there is a chance and that's how I would like to see things from here."

Yuvraj said the four-Test series, starting at Lord's on July 21, would be highly spirited as the Ashes-winning England side would be hard to beat on home soil.

"England is a very good team and of late they have achieved some marvelous results as a Test side, so thrashing them at home would be a big task," he said.

"But we also have a very good and qualified side to struggle them. Our overseas record also has better a lot in the current times. I am sure this is going to be a very spirited series."

India named a full-strength squad, with batsmen Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag, and pacemen Zaheer Khan and Shanthakumaran Sreesanth returning after missing the continuing Test series in the West Indies.

India, who won their last Test series in England in 2007 under Rahul Dravid, will also play five one-day internationals a one-off Twenty20 match throughout the tour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment