Praveen Kumar relish Lord's dream

Praveen Kumar

Praveen Kumar was a happy man after claim five wickets against England on the second day of the first Test at Lord's.

Asked to plug the gap twisted by the absence of hurt seamer Zaheer Khan, the inspiring Praveen took 5 for 106 to share Friday's attention with England's Kevin Pietersen who recorded an unbeaten 202.

"It's a dream to get five wickets at Lord's. It is very special," he told The Times of India.

"The weather was nice and it felt really nice to get the five wickets. After taking four I was very sure of getting the fifth."

"I didn't mind bowling that many overs since I do bowl 30-35 overs in domestic cricket. In Zaheer's absence, I had to shoulder that liability.

With little support from his fellow bowlers, Praveen, who only made his Test debut for India on their recent tour of the West Indies, accounted for Jonathan Trott, Ian Bell, Eoin Morgan, Matt Prior and Stuart Broad to ensure a marked turnaround in fortunes from Thursday when he finished wicketless.

"I bowled the same as I had on the first day. But since it was an older ball, I did try to put in extra effort."

Praveen's heroics come after he miss the ICC Cricket World Cup due to injury, not that the 24-year-old

"If you lose anywhere, God makes it up in some other way," he said.

"I can only work hard and play cricket. I missed the World Cup due to injury but this might have happened with any athlete," Praveen finished.

0 comments:

Post a Comment