Trott relish India challenge


Jonathan Trott is relish the vision of trying to do again the form he has shown for England next to other Test nations.

The Warwickshire batsman is averaging over 60 in Test cricket and is facing one of his most testing examinations next to the side ranked number one in the world.

But Trott will not evade away from the challenge in a series which be an ideal yardstick to determine whether England can finally get out India as the leading country.

He said: "It's a great opportunity and will be a large advert for the game on the back of a good series next to Sri Lanka.

"As you go through your career, you are leaving to come across teams you haven't played before and it's how you become accustomed and regulate to them.

"There is maybe a bit of a benefit in that they haven't seen you or played against you.

"I've played next to some of them in county cricket so there are a few things there.

"But Test cricket is a little bit dissimilar and it will be very exciting." Trott is aiming to uphold his current high standard though he is adamant helping England emerge winning is of great priority.

He said: "I don't worry about what I'm going to finish my career with. I try and worry about how many Test series wins I can donate to and be a part of.

"That is our goal as a team and the most significant one as a person and everyone in the team feels that way.

"When you get the possibility to go out into the middle, it's your job to represent the other nine guys in the altering room and all the coaching staff.

"It's a great chance to play and test yourself and at the finish of it, see where you've ended up.

"But as regard the averages, I don't pay too much thought to them. I don't know my average now though I bet you can tell me my strike rate!"

Trott believe he is able of upping the tempo after his rate of scoring has come under microscope.

He said: "Five days is a long time. As in 50-over cricket as well, you can sometimes think 'I've got to get on with it a bit'.

"You've got to weigh up the option of put your foot down a bit more and leaving it up to someone else.

"I'm very wary of that. My job at number three in the England team is to bat as long as likely and get the most runs.

"Sometimes it might go a bit gradually but also I know the right time to up the ante."

0 comments:

Post a Comment