Kamran Akmal vow to make a rejoinder

Kamran Akmal

Depressed at losing out on a central contract, Kamran Akmal has vowed to make a comeback into the Pakistan side throughout strong presentation in domestic circuit.

Apart from Kamran, the PCB on Monday misplaced former captain Shoaib Malik and leg-spinner Danish Kaneria from the list of 28 new centrally-contracted players for a six-month period - July to December this year.

"I'm extremely disappointed. I admit that it was my mistake but I think I deserve another chance. It's the Board's decision and I don't want to say much. I've earned the agreement for eight years and losing this one is not a big deal," he told express daily newspaper.

"The selectors were not content with my performance but I just need to keep on playing domestic cricket and establish my form to them. I'm 29 and fit so I feel that there's at least six years of cricket left in me," said Kamran, who has till date played 53 Tests and 137 ODIs for Pakistan.

"Everyone makes mistakes but the important thing is knowledge from them. I vow not to make them again. No wicket-keeper loves to drop catches," he said.

Kamran was in category 'A' of the PCB agreement for the first half of the year but has not been chosen for the national team after showing inconsistent form in the World Cup early this year.

He was replaced by Mohammad Salman for the West Indies tour. However, Salman was subsequently dropped after he failed to make an impression and Kamran's younger brother Adnan Akmal was recall to the squad for the tour of Zimbabwe.

Apart from Kamran, the PCB also did not honor central contract to the likes of former limited-over skipper Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Akhtar as they have announced their retirements from international cricket.

Meanwhile, another not needed Pakistani cricketer, Faisal Iqbal, has lashed out at the PCB after he was unnoticed from the list.

Faisal said he was being mistreated by the Board for being the nephew of former Pakistan captain, Javed Miandad, and that he deserved a bond based on his domestic performances.

0 comments:

Post a Comment