Moving Mahendra Sing Dhoni lead India to forceful win

India 300 for 7 (Dhoni 87*, Raina 61) strike England 174 (Cook 60, Jadeja 3-34) by 126 runs



Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni remains inflexible that revenge is not on India's mind, in spite of their great start to the ODI series against England on Friday.

Dhoni was the star for India on a exciting night of act in Hyderabad, making 87 not out from only 70 balls as India, who won the toss, register 300 for seven before bowling England out for 174 in 36.1 overs.

The 126-run win will go some way towards restore Indian pride after their miserable tour of England, where they unsuccessful to gain a single international victory.
However, Dhoni has insist that retribution is absolutely not on his or anyone else's mind.

"I believe vengeance is a very strong word," Dhoni affirmed after the game. "This is a series where the idea is to clean the youngsters. Also, this win comes after a long time and it was a main win. You can't enjoy playing the game if you lose too many matches.

"If you look at the England series particularly the second half, we did play well. We scored runs but unluckily there were rain interruption and the ball used to become heavier and tougher for our bowlers to grip."

Dhoni also describe his knock as being one of his more "precious innings", adding that he had decided from an early stage that he would throw a little of caution to the wind.

"I normally don't consider in rating my presentation but yes this innings is a precious innings for me.

"Over the years, I have played some good knock and this one is also a precious one. Once I started batting at No 6, I had remodeled my game. This innings of mine was a very well calculated one."

"I tried a lot of mid-air shots which I normally don't play these days. I was practicing a lot of hitting over the cover area. I felt this was the right match to try out and it work well," he added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment