WICB is playing intelligence games with Chris Gayle



Chris Gayle has accuse the West Indies Cricket Board of "mind games" and vow to address their insist for a regret at the end of the Regional Super50 Series.

Gayle, who led Jamaica in the ongoing event in Georgetown, was told last week by the WICB that he would have to withdraw the contentious comments he made earlier this year, to be measured for selection to the regional side.

The honest Gayle was highly significant of the Board and head coach Ottis Gibson during an interview with a Jamaica radio station. He has been unnoticed for selection since.

"I established a message about the confession at a team meeting the day before we (Jamaica) had to play the Leeward’s Islands last Thursday in the middle of a local event," Gayle told reporters.

"I think they (WICB) are playing mind games with Chris Gayle. I have said them that I want to spotlight on winning this event for Jamaica and I will deal with the admission of guilt issue at the end of this competition."

The WICB mandate last week that Gayle properly back away from his earlier criticism of the Board or face separation from the West Indies side.

In a statement, the Board said they hope Gayle would "comply with the standard and supplies" they had set out as they think he could still make a meaningful payment to the regional side.

However, a enthusiastic up Gayle said the Board wanted to make it clear what precisely he had said that necessary a withdrawal, and contended it was unjust for anyone to query his commitment to West Indies cricket because of the stalemate.

"They need to say accurately what Chris Gayle should make an apology for? What in the interview?" Gayle said.

"I don't imagine the Board wants to resolve this issue. This needs to be stopped up as soon as probable and they need to be obvious on what I should make an apology for. This whole thing is sad and I am getting fed up with my name being all around, inquiring my commitment to West Indies cricket.

"Over the years, I have hut blood, sweat and tears for West Indies cricket and it's sad that some would query my promise to West Indies cricket. I stand for what I consider in, that's the type of person I am, playing once more for the West Indies is in their (WICB) hands.

Following the highly emotional interview, Gayle was told by the WICB that he wanted to give details his comments before he could be careful for selection.

However, a June meeting in Jamaica connecting Gayle, WICB and West Indies Players Association official failed to resolution the issue and the Board later said it had ended in uncertainty.

Since then, Gayle discusses the matter with Gibson and also met with WICB chief decision-making, Ernest Hilaire, but no solution was it seems that reached.

0 comments:

Post a Comment