Subramaniam Badrinath eyes No.6 spot in India's Test squad


While there are quite a few in the race to grasp the No. 6 spot in India's Test squad, Tamil Nadu's middle-order basis Subramaniam Badrinath, on Wednesday, claim that he was the best bet for that position.

"I have been to come in the sidelines. Honestly, there is just one spot left (in the middle-order). To be truthful, I do not want to be that one guy who is only in the squad and not playing. I want to play in the eleven and that is my biggest inspiration," Badrinath said.

"I have been in the national team for a while but didn't get a chance to play. In the back of my mind I know I haven't actually lost. Maybe the spots would open up soon and I sense I am the best guy to do the job," insist the 31-year-old, who has played two Tests and seven ODIs.

Stating that Michael Hussey, who made his international debut at the age of almost 30, is his "idol", Badrinath said, "I have spoken to him quite a lot concerning this (the age). I am backing my fitness, which has forever been my strength.

0 comments:

Post a Comment