Harbhajan: I am existing for WI tour



Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh on Thursday said that he would be accessible for the Indian cricket team's accommodating tour of West Indies but not aware of the plans of other senior players.

"I have no idea from where the news (of senior players opting out of West Indies tour) has poured in. As far as I am concerned I am available for the tour," Harbhajan told journalists ahead of his IPL side Mumbai Indians' match against Rajasthan Royals on Friday.

"As far others are worried neither I have talked to anybody and nor any body has talked to me. We will be playing three tests there and I don't want to miss any of those," he said.

Talking about the winning streak of the Mumbai Indians, Harbhajan said that he was happy the way things were going.

"I am happy with the way belongings have gone till now. We have been throughout uneven patches but one or the other has been clever to pull us through. Like in the last match Rohit Sharma and Andrew Symonds batted well to help us to sensible score which could be protected," he said.

Asked about the good form of Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne, Harbhajan said, "He is great cricketer and best spinner. I myself would be talking to him and get tips so that I can extend my international career." Harbhajan praise his team-mate Ambati Rayudu, saying that the young person is a "special talent".

"It would also be a confront for youngsters like Rayudu to face a great spinner (in Warne). He (Rayudu) is a particular talent and we always knew that. He was unluckily lost in between but lately he has been performing arts well. He is capable of filling in the big shoes of great Indian batsmen like VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid," he added.

Talking about his own role in the side, Harbhajan said that it had not distorted much. "Me and seniors like Sachin try and build the team like an element and inspire confidence in the youngsters by telling them to be part of think tank," said Harbhajan.

Asked about the sharp fielding of Mumbai Indians which has help them win a few matches, Harbhajan said that the players have respond to the drills of field coach Jonty Rhodes.

"We have South African Jonty Rhodes as the fielding coach and boys have respond well. In the preceding match it was the fielding rather my five wickets haul which had won the match for us."

0 comments:

Post a Comment