Kolkata fight rear to keep Delhi bottom

Kolkata Knight Riders 148 for 7 (Tiwary 61*) beat Delhi Daredevils 131 for 9 (Abdulla 3-25)

It was a sweet return for Gautam Gambhir as Kolkata Knight Riders beat Delhi Daredevils by 17 runs to nick up their fourth win in the IPL in Delhi on Thursday.


Manoj Tiwary is the Man of the Match

Manoj Tiwary: I thank the bat sponsor for giving me a great bat, and I'm clever to get the big hits. Gambhir keeps forceful me to play till the end, and that's what I did. Shah Rukh is very helpful, he gives us the motivation. I would like to continue and add in every game.

Gambhir: It was very significant to get the impetus with us, the guys show a lot of extreme anxiety and it worked out. I didn't be expecting so much of spin, Abdulla did really well with the ball and Tiwary set it up initially, hope he continues his good run. It was very important for us to protect this practical total. My heart and soul is with KKR now, it is not with Delhi any longer and you need such changes.

Sehwag: The batsmen didn't take the everyday jobs, Kolkata played better than us and that's why they won. I am still trying to get the mixture right, it is not working at the instant and hope that we'll turn it approximately in Kochi.

The Knights make merry - They required getting a win below their belt, a fine innings from Manoj Tiwary gave them some expect, and some good bowling by Lee and Co. has helped KKR end up on the winning side. Comprehensive stuff, one must say. Sehwag in progress off really well, but wickets kept falling. It was hard for the lower order to keep up to the required run rate and they fell 17 runs short. And with this win, KKR move up to the second place in the points table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment