Brad Haddin quit T20 internationals


Australia wicket-keeper Brad Haddin has announce his retirement from international Twenty20 cricket.

The 33-year-old Aussie has played 25 games for his country over the straight format, but has now determined to focus on Test and one-day cricket.

"I methodically enjoy Twenty20 cricket and have taken great pride from playing all three forms of the game for Australia," Haddin said in a statement.

“This decision has been made to extend my efficiency in these formats and give me further time to get ready for the demands of ODI and Test cricket. I remain particularly strong-minded to play cricket for Australia and believe this decision will help achieve this.

“I remain dedicated and very eager by my role as captain of the Sydney Sixers in the KFC Big Bash League and also with the Kolkata Night Riders in the Indian Premier League, but look forward to the periods of downtime all through the international season this decision will create,” Haddin added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment