Vaughan stand downward as New Zealand CEO


Justin Vaughan has announced he will step down as the chief executive of New Zealand Cricket at the closing stages of November. Vaughan cited the steady travel and absence from his young family as a major reason for his exit after four years in the job, and he insist that the decision was totally his own.

"It's something that I've been mindful of over the last few months, around the stability of the needs of my family and the supplies of the business," he said. "I've been expenditure a lot of time lately overseas and I think every time I go away it's gnawing at me that really I ought to be spending time with my children, who are growing up.

"Also from an organizational point of view, with the 2015 World Cup hosting being so important, I think a new CEO needs a year or two under their belt to fully maximise their potential. Adding up all those pieces made me feel that I was better off making the decision earlier rather than later."

The chairman of New Zealand Cricket, Chris Moller, said: "Justin can be proud of his achievement. These include growing NZC's revenue by 60%, negotiate a long term partnership with our professional players' association, securing a very optimistic international programmed for New Zealand from 2012 to 2020, supervision strong growth in participation numbers, as well as put in a new structure for elite cricket with the appointment of John Buchanan as director of cricket and John Wright as Black Caps head coach.

"I know Justin is highly regarded by his international colleagues and has been very effective and powerful in terms of his work with the ICC and cricket CEOs around the world. He will be missed both nationally and globally."

0 comments:

Post a Comment