Morkel dare Warner in front of T20

South African paceman Morne Morkel has vowed to get the challenge to Australia opener and his IPL teammate, David Warner, when Baggy Greens stay the Rainbow Country.

Australia is to play two Tests and three ODIs in South Africa. Before that, the two teams play two Twenty20s, start on Thursday in Cape Town.

Warner is in red-hot form and is fresh from burning back-to-back centuries in the Nokia Champions League T20 event in India.

Morkel, who is Warner's colleague in the Delhi Daredevils, jokingly dared the Australian to try his switch-hitting next to his 150km deliveries.

"Hopefully, he won't try that alongside me," Morkel was quoted as saying in the Sydney Morning Herald.

"He's played very well in the Twenty20. I think the most significant thing for us is to not stand back and, in a way, fight fire with fire. Let's see who can win that battle.

"I think the most significant thing (with Warner) is not to be too unsurprising and always to be expecting the shocking things to happen," he added.

Morkel said Warner will find it hard to change his feats on the sub-continent in Cape Town. Morkel sustained: "I think the circumstances here are going to be totally dissimilar," said Morkel. "Hopefully, we can get the upper hand on that on Thursday."

Australian vice-captain, Shane Watson, though, feels that Warner has full-grown in confidence as an international player and sees no reason why he can't repeat his exploits in the two-match T20 series.

"The two innings he played (in Champions League) were as inspiring an innings as you can ever see," Watson said. "To see what he can do next to high-quality bowling really right and left-handed as well, he's a very special talent."

"I'm sure the more comfortable he feels around our group and the more he is around our group, the more we're going to see exactly what he can do on the international stage."

0 comments:

Post a Comment