Mohammad Amir blame PCB for fit fiasco



An apologetic Mohammad Amir has answerable PCB for not calming him enough against corruption and vowed to make known "more" about the case.

Amir was sent to young offender custody centre for six months while Butt and Asif were sent to jail for 30 months and 12 months correspondingly after being found guilty of spot-fixing during last year's Lord's Test against England.

The young bowler held the Pakistan cricket establishment for not doing sufficient to create awareness among players about the pitfalls of getting into corruption.

"The PCB never told me just how serious an offence it was to get into these sorts of things. They didn't educate me sufficient about anti-corruption laws," he added.

He also expressed dissatisfaction at the way Butt and Asif slander him during the trial in a London court.

"They tried to refuse my standing and name during the trial and when the time comes I will reveal all about this case," said Amir, who picked up 51 wickets in his short career of 14 Tests.

Amir apologized for his role in the scandal. "I really regret what I have done. I am really sorry for what has happened. I can only now say sorry to my countrymen and all cricket lovers for my actions," Aamir said.

The 19-year-old left-arm pacer, who was compared to Wasim Akram and other greats at his tender age, said the realization of what he had done and how he had harmed his countrymen and the sport came very late.

"If I had known this would all end this way I would have stayed clear from such things? I got misled and was mistaken and today, I have paid the price for it," Amir told Geo News, shortly after the judge announced his sentence.

"I got approved absent and it was the biggest error of my life," he added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment