Shane Watson needs life prohibit on fixers

Australia vice captain Shane Watson feels life bans should be handed out to dishonest cricketers to send out a strong signal to others.


Watson's explanation came after three Pakistani cricketers-- Salman Butt, Mohhamed Asif and Mohammad Amir -- were sentence to jail after being found guilty in a spot-fixing scandal.

Former captain Butt was sentence to two-and-a-half years while fast bowlers Asif and Amir received 12 and six-month terms respectively.

"In the end, I think a life ban is surely sufficient to be able to say to people that it's the wrong thing to do. It's challenging the truthfulness and taking the game of cricket down," said Watson.

"Whether it's jail, whether it's a life [playing] ruling, there's no doubt that the punishments are very severe for doing the wrong thing. Since I first started playing, you know that if you do something wrong in that look upon you won't be playing cricket ever again," he said.

The burly all-rounder said the Pakistani trio has got the action they deserve for their action.

"It's very unsatisfactory when you see the things that have happen in England with the Pakistan guys and, in the end, they deserve the sentence that they do get because they've done the wrong thing in a big way.

"For me for myself, it's given me an amazing life and something I only still dreamed of, so I would never would want to do anything that even question the aptitude for me to be able to play the game that I love so much," he told Australian Associated Press.

0 comments:

Post a Comment